Fabby Followers

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Grandma and Felicity get crafty

Last week I had my 6 year old Granddaughter Felicity to stay for a few days
We always have so much fun 
We even managed a trip to the beach which she loved
She has always enjoyed crafting and often gets bits to take home with her 
But the older she is getting its so much fun when she gets a chair and sits beside me at my craft desk making her own little projects.
I had a little card I needed to make and as we had ,had such a sunny day, my mind was in yellow mode..... Can you tell?

I cut the card on my portrait and once assembled I decided it needed a flower.
So I cut one out and then used Brusho's on it ( I love using them , but am still learning)
Stuck a pearl in the middle  and voila my flower had bloomed.

All finished and sat there admiring my flower when Felicity pipes up *ohhhhh Grandma thats so beautiful*
Well Thank you Felicity , hmmmm I then notice she did'nt mean my card but the negative scrap of paper from where I had spritzed my flower!!


I agreed this was too pretty to throw away . She had previously mentioned she needed bookmarks - this would be perfect . So I cut out a bookmark shape , mounted it onto matching yellow cardstock and Felicity chose some stamps and away she went, I loved the way she only part stamped the butterflies. After the first one I showed her how not to stamp onto Grandma's desk but have some paper underneath hahaha . Once finished I laminated it, used my crop-o-dile for the hole . Added a tassle - A genius little project for her from a scrap of paper, She was utterly as proud as punch and was carrying it around like it was gold and very breakable .
Thank you for looking
xx

I would like to enter  into
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Craft-Dee Bow - Handmade Bow
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Great Impressions - Anything Goes
Pile It On - Favourite Colour
The Corrosive challenge  - Nature

8 comments:

What I Created Next said...

Awww bless her. Super projects. And a great use of the waste too

Barbara Bruder said...

Looks like you have a fledgling crafter in the family. Love both cards. That yellow is perfect and I like how she spotted that paper that you sprayed. She has a sharp eye. Back to your cards.... they are both gorgeous and I especially love the flower on the top one. Great job on both. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A bright sunshiney card, so very pretty. and so is the bookmark
Faith
x

Leah said...

So pretty! I rarely reach for yellow but your card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty creation! Thank you for playing with us at Craft Your Passion!
Carolyn, DT

Unknown said...

That wonderful job, the tag is gorgeous !!! the flower is beautiful, thank you for participating The Corrosive Challenge Blog, luck!!!
Gaby DT

Ellen said...

Lovely card with sunny colors. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Unknown said...

Gorgeous projects! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month, and I hope you to see you next month.
Ruza ~ GI DTC
Ruza's Craft Corner

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...