Fabby Followers

Monday 4 November 2019

Snowflakes are kisses from Heaven

Happy Monday Everyone
Hope you all had a great weekend
I had quite a crafty weekend got a lot of things ticked off , there is a few more bits I want to finish, tomorrow afternoon looks good for that.
~~00~~
Something I have wanted to do for a while now is a shaker card
I did one a few years back but it wasn't very sucessful but I was so pleased how this one turned out
I won the Digi Doodles Challenge for last month I was absolutly thrilled and the prize was a couple of there fantastic digi's. I had a really hard time choosing, there were lots of crossing outs and re - adding going on, We have all been there I am sure. 
In the end I went for 
First of all I cut my snowglobe  several times using Granddaughters Co-Co pops cereal box (she had finished them)
I adhered them all together and popped an acetate circle on the top one
I printed and cut out the image into a circle and coloured up using Distress Ink refils

Once dry I added some glitter
It really is so sparkly in real life 
I popped some white sequins onto it and adhered to the back , quick trim it was sorted 
I carefully painted the outside edge with some blue acrylic paint ~ this wasn't really necessary but the brown board annoyed me

I chose my DP 
Snowflake Furry which is a digi kit from MJM Design Studios
and included the snowflake and popped the sentiment inside
The bow with the little bells also from there

I then cut out the topping for my snowglobe in matching DP . I was super excited at it was coming together and working properly.

I added a die flourish of sparkly spruce to finish
Thank you so much for stopping by
Have a lovely day

I Would like to enter this into
Digi Doodles Studio ~ Christmas/Winter
Crafty Hazelnut Christmas ~ Anything Christmas
Animal Friends ~ Reindeer
Crafty Animals ~ Must have Animals
CCC Digi creations ~ Christmas
Pearly Sparkles ~ Christmas
Crafty Catz ~ Anything Goes
Fab 'n Funky ~ Christmas
The Holly and Ivy ~ Anything Christmas
TTCRD ~ Anything Goes

12 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Oh Jan that’ll really lovely. I’ve not done one in years because my last was a disaster lol. X

Sheryl said...

This project has really come together perfectly Jan.
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl
TTCRD DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card . Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CCC Digi Creations
My Blog As I do Rodos

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Janette said...

Beautiful card, so glad you have shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Pat K said...

Beautiful card. Love how you've used the globe. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Lynda said...

Such a vintage looking card Jan - the shaker, the colours and colouring....and I am so happy that your Grand-daughter had finished her coco pops before you cut the box! Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge :) Lynda DT

Creaine said...

Wow!! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Studies. Very nice and Good luck! Hope to see you again!
Ine (DT) http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

cass said...

Pretty Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional "Something beginning with H" challenge.

Heike said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte. Die gefällt mir richtig gut. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.

LG Heike

Larelyn said...

Beautiful snowglobe scene. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

Lisa J said...

This is so beautiful I love the layout and the image. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...