Fabby Followers

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Ice Skating with the Penguins

Phew!! What a project this has been - I knew exactly what I wanted to make but not a clue how to make it 

Make sure you check the Frosted Winter collection out in the store , It is on Crazy offer!!
CD you can find here


I saw a cut in Sil shop of an ice rink - perfect I thought........hmmmmm no instructions and I could not get it to fit anyway I tried . So a few snips here and there (actually big cut offs) I got it to finally work, Not totally sure if its right but its sturdy and what I wanted
So my Ice Rink was made

I mainly used the wonderful Frosted Winter collection for the images - all pre coloured just added some crystal glitter to them. I used the CD as above but you can buy them as digi images on there own(un-coloured)

Now she was ideal for my project wearing her ice skates


Now the fox did not look quite right in the ice rink so I replaced him with a penguin, She also borrowed some skates from the Ice Queen

I also used
Hollybobs Skater from The Festive Hollybobs collection (she fitted my rink perfectly and soon made friends with the others)

I cut out a few more penguins from Frosty penguins image
and then I was ready.......Half cut cocktail sticks and blu tac at the ready, I was like a child moving them about , once I was happy with where they sat ( I meant skate)  out came the Shimmer glitter jewels that I used for the snow/Ice

Q: What do you call a happy penguin?
A: a Pen-Grin!

I would like to enter this into
A snowflakes promise - Christmas/ Winter Anything Goes
Digi Choosday - Christmas Decor
Holly Jolly Christmas - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Fun, Fun, Fun
Get Creative - Holidays
Crafting For All Seasons - Not a card
Decorate to Celebrate - Anything Goes

14 comments:

What I Created Next said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Phenomenal make. Uber uber cute xx

Jacee said...

It looks wonderful, your hard work paid off!!!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Diane said...

Oh woweeeeee Jan !! What a fantastic creation !! Once us crafters get started we don't give up !!

Hope all is well with you and yours sweetie !!

hugs Diane xx

Kandy's Krafts said...

Absolutely stunning is all I can say. It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us at Get Creative Challenge.

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

so beautiful thank you for joining dtc challenge

Lisbeth said...

Hi
super cute card
thanks to participate at crafting for all seasons
hugs Lisbeth
DT-C4AS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW an amazing project.

vmcexpressions said...

Creative project!!!! Glad you decided to join the challenge with us at Get Creative Challenges. Good luck, and hope you will join more challenges with us again.

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Jan this is fantastic love it. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Digi Choosday.
Good luck
Fiona GDT x

What I Created Next said...

I'm back with my DT head on. Still an absolutely fabulous make hun. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Christmas Decoration challenge (DT)

N-Eva said...

Fabulous....love the colour tones and the design is gorgeous... Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. Good luck . Neva

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

OMGoodness, I have no clue how you come up with such brilliant ideas. This creation is absolutely amazing, I love the images you chose to use with it also, just perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Digi Choosday Christmas Decor challenge. Hugs!! Audrey DT:)

Unknown said...

Wow!this is AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing with us at CFAS. I love seeing projects like this... something really unique x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

I think your creation is just fabulous Jan (and not just because of the penguins). Love it.
Thanks for playing along with us at Holly Jolly. Good Luck.
Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...