Fabby Followers

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Daisydays/Summertime - Polkadoodles Crafting

Who saw our lovely Nikky on Create and Craft today
A fabulous show as ever 

If you missed it you can catch it for the next few days
and hey I was lucky to be chosen to be the Guinea Pig
I loved it and learnt so much!

I have never really grasped the concept of Stamping and always veered down the Digi route

For those that know me - would know I ooohhhed and arrred at all Polkadoodles adorable stamps exspecially since the soups came along 
I loved what everyone was making with them and sometimes felt a little sad I could not join in with them as I could have so many ideas bursting but not a clue where to start.

But then along came Summertime and Daisydays
complete with Underlay sheets - I was to be Nikky Guinea Pig

I was hugley nervous and even when they arrived through the post - I sat them neatly on my desk and admired from afar (stroking them every now and again)

I will never ever forget that Saturday afternoon - I quickly skimmed through all the Underlays and I honestly thought never in a million years! Nikky has got to be having a laugh!

Omg ink pad at the ready printed out Underlay one and that was it I was off
At first I was very slow but I couldnt belive once my first was completed - I was addicted
I really wanted to stamp more so printed of the next * In hindsight I should not of rushed through to looking at them all and scaring myself* I realised taking it one sheet at a time was the way forward and that is how I worked - I learnt something new on every page and also learnt how the stamps worked together- When I had finished I had 9 lovely card toppers and more than anything I could stamp - I loved working the underlays they have been put together with so much thought, that even an experienced stamper would have a lot of fun with them 
My crafting life has dramatically changed as I now have the confidence and am able to stamp.
Ink pads and such filled me with dread and it really did not matter how much I practised I was pants!
Scatty Jan the Stamper has a nice ring to it don't you think?
The first two Photos are from the Underlay Sheets , My underwater scene is when I went it alone ...eeekk
I would like to enter this into
Simon says Stamp - Summer Garden

I would like to enter this into
Penny Black and More - Flower Power with stamping

I would like to enter this into
Stamping Sensations - Feature a Creature
Unicorn Challenge - Nursery Rhyme/Fairy Tale - 1,2,3,4,5 Once I caught a fish alive


9 comments:

What I Created Next said...

You are an inspiration!!! Go Scatty the Stamper xxx

Simply Angelic Crafts said...

Yay fab hunni you did really well your projects are brilliant hugs Aly xxxx

Stampsnob. said...

Love it TFS Unicorn Ch Lis DT

brenda said...

Very pretty floral creations Jan and perfect for our theme, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Back again Jane to thank you for also joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Jane Savage said...

Absolutely wonderful, Jan and I love how you described your journey from 'Stamping Scaredy Cat' to 'Stamping Scatty Jan'! You rule!! xxx

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Great idea with the scene in the bottle, love it! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Great card. Love it. Thanks for joining ug at Unicorn Challenge

hugs
Claudia
DT Unicorn Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/

Emma Williams said...

A really pretty set of cards and the floral one is perfect for our theme! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...