Fabby Followers

Friday 21 July 2017

Ula ~ Polkadoodles Crafting

What a fab afternoon I had yesterday
I have always wanted to try a bit of mixed media and yesterday I think I managed it
I love the new Ula character from Polkadoodles
I have not managed to play with them all yet so my project was set around 

I started out cutting a tag from water colour paper
and then used Distress Oxides broken china and faded jeans spritzed with water and dabbed my tag in
whoooooooo I love this stuff it was just so pretty
Now I felt it needed another dab of something striking
I had vintage photo Distress Oxide in my hand, dare I? dare I? dare I? eeekkkk I did it just a smidge Oh My Days it worked , it actually worked
There was actually no stopping me now
I stamped some seaweed on the background and painted it up 
I stamped some tiny bubbles using faded jeans normal distress ink

Printed the sentiment and dabbed the edge again using faded jeans, I also used a white pen to highlight the letters.
I squiggled round the edge of the tag with a micro black pen and also around the little bubbles 
The mermaid was coloured using a mixture of Graph'It Markers, Polychromo Pencils and Gelly roll pens

 and finally Ula was finished of with some sparkle on her wings and for the shell. Popped her on with foam for some depth.
Thank you for looking
xx
I would like to enter this into
TTCRD ~Anything Goes
A Inky Mess ~ Mixed Media
Mix It Up Challenge ~ Anything Goes
Not Just Cards ~ Anything Goes
We Love to Create ~ Mixed Media
Southern Girls Challenge ~ Tic Tac Toe - Doodling/Image/Sentiment

4 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Very nicely done. Thanks for joining the Not Just Cards Challenge.

cotnob said...

Such a pretty tag, a beautiful image and lovely blues.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

What a cute mermaid tag! I love the colors! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

create.365 said...

very beautiful tag and I love the color choices! Thanks for joining us at the MIUCB and we hope to see you back again real soon! ~Kathy K (DT member)

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...